The image storage tab gives you control over what types of images that will be generated when an original image is placed in a specific directory (e.g. product).
From the Dashboard, click Settings, then click Site Settings.
Click the Image Storage tab at the far right.
There are 10 default image types already at your disposal. To add a new one or edit an existing image type, click the Add Image Type button below or click the pencil icon next to an existing image type. This will bring you to the Image Type settings box.
- Name: The name of the new or existing image type.
- Dimensions: The length and width in pixels that the image type will be made to fit into (by resizing) based on the image’s shape. Click Max to make the image be at most the dimensions specified (any image below the dimensions will not be changed).
Framing: This feature lets you stretch, pad, or crop the image into a square.
- None: Keeps the dimensions as specified in dimensions box.
- Crop: Makes the image a square by cropping from the left/right if the image is a horizontal rectangle and from the top/bottom if the image is a vertical rectangle.
- Pad: Makes the image a square by adding white space to fill out the image in either direction – height or width.
- Stretch: Makes the image a square by stretching the image in either direction – height or width.
- Quality: Use this feature if you want to reduce the file size by reducing image quality. Use the slider to select what percentage of original quality you want the image processed to.
- Sharpen: Sharpens the image. Useful for detail views.
- Format: The image format, either JPEG or PNG, the images generated will be converted to.
Image buckets specify which image types are generated when an original image is placed in a folder bearing their name. There are 6 default image buckets. To edit an existing bucket, click the white space where it says image types to add image types or click the x on each image type to delete it. To add a new image bucket, click the +Add Image Bucket button at the bottom after typing a bucket name to the left. Then you can add image types by clicking the white space where it says image types.
Default Image Buckets
- Product: Images specifically dedicated to a product.
- Category: Images specifically dedicated to a category.
- Widget: Images dedicated to a specially created widget, such as a rotator on a homepage.
- Logo: Images for the logo you upload for your website, under the general tab in site settings.
- SEO: A set of images to be used for search engines and social networks. For example, the image that pops up when a website url is shared on a social network.
Please sign in to leave a comment.
There are 0 Comments